History

Kappa Graphics has a long and respected history as a printing leader. As the successor to Scranton Lithographing Company which was originally established in 1906, we have been in continuous operation for 110 years! During its first 63 years, the company was primarily a commercial lithographer, first printing from litho stones, to letterpress and then on to modern offset printing.

In 1970, the original Scranton Lithographing Company was acquired by its current owner and its name subsequently changed to SLC Graphics, Inc. The company's ownership has evolved the company into what has grown to become Kappa Graphics. It was at that time that its direction changed from that of a commercial printer to that of a publication printer for such popular magazines such as TV Guide. By the mid-1980’s, the ownership started to acquire a series of publishing entities and the plant increasingly focused on servicing their particular printing and binding needs.


Today's Kappa Graphics continues to grow and innovate, recently adding high speed digital inkjet printing to its ever broadening list of print capabilities, inclusive of it's affiliation with Crafline Graphics in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. As the needs of our customers expand and new technologies evolve, count on Kappa Graphics to be there with innovative solutions and state of the art processes.